piaSphere: The Digital Ecosystem of PIA
piaSphere is a flexible and modular system developed by PIA Automation.
The basis of piaSphere allows for the safe transfer of data from field to cloud level using proven standard technologies. The data produced by systems, machines, plants, products, sensors, actuators are collected, filtered, buffered and (where necessary) analyzed (so called edge computing) and forwarded to various IIoT platforms (Industrial Internet of Things). The Result: “Big Production Data”. The conceptualized digital ecosystem is technology agnostic and permits the use of one or several platforms – hosted on the customer's intranet (on premises) or in the cloud. The global production locations may thus be linked with each other to be able to fully exploit the advantages of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and its related algorithms. The structure of piaSphere on the software side is use-case driven (e.g. dashboarding, OEE calculation, cycle time and predictive analyses, process optimizations) and is implemented in cooperation with partners from industry and science.
Claude Eisenmann (PIA, CDO)
"With piaSphere, PIA strikes a new path of digitalization".
The Unified Architecture of piaSphere significantly simplifies Industry 4.0 elements under one roof:
- Interface standardization and connectivity
- Standardization of the communication between the “things”
- Industrial Security
- Unified HMI / User Experience
- Robotic / Cobotic
- Intelligent Visual Inspection 2D / 3D
- Engineering 4.0 / Smart Engineering
- Customer Services 4.0 / Digital Services
- Logistics 4.0
piaSphere symbolizes PIA's new approach to digitalization and is characterized by the following attributes and functions:
- Modularity and flexibility: Modular system, Communication standards (OPC UA, OPC UA TSN etc.), Flexible use of the cloud (Edge, Fog, Cloud)
- Increased effectiveness and availability: Centralized cockpit, Real-time monitoring, Real-time reporting, Line control, Cycle time analysis, Look-ahead analyses