Bewerbung als Mechanical engineer
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation US Inc.
5825 Old Boonville Highway
Evansville, IN 47715 USA
T +1 812 485 5500
USA - Evansville, IN 47715 USA
The Mechanical Engineer/Designer designs automatic assembly equipment.
- Evaluate preliminary design at quote stage and determine feasibility of quote based on customer requirements and specifications
- Design assembly equipment based on computer programs/calculations and compare against previous designs and customer specifications
- Use 3D modeling software to design equipment based on customer specifications
- Determine material, heat treat, plating etc., based on requirements and cost effectiveness
- Check all received customer prints and maintain in Engineering file
- Prioritize tasks and track results to meet deadlines
- Manage budgets (materials and time) related to mechanical design
- Review design with Controls and Manufacturing Departments
- Develop drawing package for fabrication and assembly
- Check drawings for accuracy
- Assist Manufacturing during fabrication, assembly, and debug
- Write specifications for vendor purchases
- Develop Bills of Material of purchase items. Verify that part numbers and revision levels match design requirements and are correct on Purchase Order with regard to the original quote
- Formulate stress analysis into presentation format
- Maintain project records
- Respond to all customer questions in support of new programs and quotes
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- At least two years of automation experience required
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks
What do we offer?
- Excellent in-house training programs (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance, paid time off, and 401k