Bewerbung als Electrical designer / engineer
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation US Inc.
5825 Old Boonville Highway
Evansville, IN 47715 USA
T +1 812 485 5500
USA - Evansville, IN 47715 USA
The Electrical Designer / Engineer develops complex control systems and architecture from scratch and generates schematics. The designer / engineer is responsible for the specifications and implementation of all electrical components and the overall electrical layout, safety, and design of complex automation systems.
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform to customer specifications, production limitations or changes in design trends.
- Confer with engineering, technicians, or with customers to establish and evaluate changes to the design.
- Present designs and reports to customers or design committees for approval and discuss need for modification.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods and market characteristics.
- Read publications, attend showings and study competing products, design styles and motifs, to obtain perspective and generate design concepts.
- Research production specifications, costs, production material and manufacturing methods and provide cost estimates and itemized production requirements.
- Create prints from the assembly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivilent experience
- Two years of design experience with electrical power distributions systems, lighting, optics and vision systems (DVT, Keyence)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, especially panel layouts, electrical schematics and circuit schedules
- Experience with PC operating systems (Windows OS NT/2k/XP/7)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience with troubleshooting machinery
- Must possess a fundamental understanding and implementation of NEC, NFPA and ISO machine design and safety standards
- Ability to translate specifications and written outlines into operating machinery
What do we offer?
- Excellent in-house training programs (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about our employees’ well-being
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance, paid time off, and 401k