Bewerbung als SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation US Inc.
5825 Old Boonville Highway
Evansville, IN 47715 USA
USA - Evansville, IN 47715 USA
The Senior Mechanical Engineer / Designer designs automatic assembly equipment, while following all the applicable standards and procedures of PIA Automation. The employee will conduct all activities in a manner that is conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity and teamwork while adhering to all procedures in place that relates to health and safety and all other policies of PIA Automation.
- Evaluate preliminary design at quote stage and determine feasibility of quote based on customer requirements and specifications
- Use 3D modeling software to design equipment based on customer specifications, and compare against previous designs
- Determine material, heat treat, plating etc., based on requirements and cost
- Check received customer prints and maintain in Engineering file
- Prioritize tasks and track results to meet deadlines
- Manage costs (materials & time) related to mechanical design budgets
- Review design with Controls and Manufacturing Departments
- Develop drawing package for fabrication and assembly
- Check drawings for accuracy
- Assist Manufacturing during fabrication, assembly, and debug
- Write specifications for vendor purchases
- Create Bills of Material of purchase items. Verify that part numbers and revision levels match design requirements
- Perform stress analysis as required for designs
- Maintain project records
- Respond to customer questions in support of new programs / quotes
WORK EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- At least five years of automation experience required
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programs (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance, paid time off, and 401k