Bewerbung als PROJECT MANAGER
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the project according to contractual terms and customer specifications. The incumbent manages and is responsible for the full spectrum of the project from scheduling through to installation and testing and is responsible for successfully planning, controlling, and managing project deliverables to ensure that customer needs are met and corporate targets are achieved. The incumbent is responsible for determining the resources required for the project and requests the resources from the appropriate functional manager.
- Detailed planning and scheduling including, design, integration, installation and testing
- Manages the project schedule of all project related phases and milestones
- Monitors project materials and resources budget and profitability and informs senior management of potential and actual cost/timing over-runs
- Ensuring that systems, procedures and policies for carrying out the work are properly applied through the project
- Builds customer relations for the project by acting as primary customer contact and maintain a good working relationship with the customer for design, costing, process and quality-related issues
- Facilitates communications between clients and internal resources as required.
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Works closely with Supply Chain to procure and expedite required materials
- Travels to customer site to oversee and document installation, test, and final acceptance of equipment
- Maintains project stations and allocates budget in Microsoft Navision (ERP)
- Resolve and trouble shoot technical issues with the support of project team.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent, specializing in manufacturing, industrial, electronics, electrical, or mechanical engineering
- PMP certification considered a strong asset
- Proven experience in working successfully with internal teams and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in project management.
- 3+ years of work experience in automation industry.
- Experience of managing $1M+ projects; managing a team of 5+
- Proven track record of providing positive leadership and coordination to a multi-disciplinary project design
- Mechanical Design background in Automation
- Must be resourceful in resolving problems
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software - Microsoft Navision considered an asset
- Working knowledge with Solid Works / DraftSight (AutoCAD) considered an asset
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong customer service and customer relation skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Optional overtime banking program
- Professional development & tuition reimbursement
- ….and more!
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process