Bewerbung als PRODUCTION MANAGER
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The role of Production Manager is to be responsible for efficient and safe manufacturing and assembly. The incumbent will plan and direct manufacturing activities and establish manufacturing priorities for projects in keeping with customer requirements and cost factors. The incumbent will maintain and develop technical expertise of the group and provide a senior technical resource on projects. The incumbent will exercise supervision including discipline as set by the Company policies over tradespeople, technicians, and technologists in this functional group.
- Act as a senior technical resource on service work
- Coordinate manufacturing and field service activities with purchasing, design, and project management to obtain optimum utilization of human resources and equipment
- Review and approve work performed within the group
- Plan for and recruit an effective, efficient technical group and ensure that the group has the technical skills and knowledge in the functional area to support the business and meet or exceed customer needs
- Ensure staff resources are being maximized
- Establish employee performance standards for functional area
- Administer budgets in assigned area of responsibility
- Plan, organize, coordinate, assign and provide direction to staff
- Assist in the planning and estimation of time and costs for manufacturing on projects
- Assist in the planning and estimation of time and costs for service work
- Assist in the planning and estimation of time and costs for project installation and commissioning;
- Develop and implement operating methods, procedures and standards designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
- Develop or revise standard operational or working practices and observes staff to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Ensure coordination of work with that of other departments
- Review reports provided from Microsoft Navision ERP to determine status of materials ordered for production
- High School degree, diploma, or a GED required
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in automation machine building
- 3-5 years of experience as lead-hand or supervisor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, and technical drawings
- Ability to mentor team and manage departmental improvements
- Considerable knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard practices of the trade
- Considerable knowledge of maintenance and repair of machine shop tools and equipment
- Able to coordinate and communicate with a diverse multi-cultural, multi-disciplined workforce
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and lift/push/pull /carry up to 50 lbs
- Operate heavy machinery
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use mechanic’s hand and power tools
- Tolerate exposure to dust
- Must have a valid Ontario G Driver’s License
- Work well independently and ability to coordinate efforts with a team
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and competing demands
- Must be resourceful in resolving problems.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and time-sensitive environment
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- Extended Health & Dental benefits
- Pension matching up top 4%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Shoe/Glasses Reimbursement
- Professional Development & Training
- …and more!
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.