Bewerbung als PLANT ASSISTANT
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
+1 416 665 9797 550
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the Plant Assistant will be assigned to various tasks both mechanical and administrative that assist with the effective operation of the Manufacturing department.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by sweeping, emptying garbage containers, tidying up materials, keeping walkways free from obstructions etc.
- Audit parts list to receiving bin contents to ensure that all items required for assembly have been received and liaise with Receiving and Purchasing departments to locate any missing items.
- Maintain stock for common consumables by taking inventory and working with Purchasing to reorder as per established required quantities
- Maintain inventory of tools
- Pick-up and delivery of parts when required
- Assist with facility maintenance as required
- Assist with lifting and moving product on production floor
- Support shop employees as required
- General yard clean up as necessary
- Operate general shop tools, such as, drill, pump truck.
- Mechanical experience is a plus.
- A valid and clean driver’s license is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information i.e. work orders, engineering design drawings etc.
- Proficient with MS Office software specifically Excel and Word
- Knowledge in inventory control
- Experience working in a 5S environment is an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to read and write in English
- Basic math and ability to measure is a must
Must have a high school diploma or GED and be in good physical condition.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License - Clean drivers abstract
- Must be able to use computers, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to follow safety and maintenance procedures
- Excellent organizational ability
- Positive attitude
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day
- Good customer service, customer relation skill Good Numerical Skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Demonstrate safe working habits
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in allaspects of the selection process.