Bewerbung als Mechanical Designer
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
+1 416 665 9797 550
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The role of mechanical designer is to be responsible for designing custom machinery, tooling and automated equipment in various industries from concept to final product. The incumbent will conduct all activities in a manner that is conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity and teamwork.
- Follow engineering specifications and customer requirements
- With guidance of Senior Mechanical Designer perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs.
- Design mechanisms, subsystems and complete machines involving mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic components using Solidworks and Draftsight • Design pneumatic /hydraulic schematics
- Select appropriate purchased components
- Provide design support to manufacturing
- Produce drawings and bills of materials using CAD, spreadsheets and ERP tools
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, machining techniques, finishes, etc.
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards
- Develop a test plan to verify that the equipment meets all relevant specifications including safety standards
- Communicate with customers for technical information and specifications
- Communicate with vendors for technical information and specifications
- Communicate with technical managers, project managers and project team members regarding all aspects of the project
- Assist the builders of the equipment in the resolution of problems to complete the project
- Assist the field service technicians to troubleshoot problems as required
- Prepare documentation including operator manuals, set-up manuals and service manuals
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Ensure customer deadlines are met
Work Experience Requirements
- Use of Solid Works (mechanical CAD) and Draftsight effectively in the design work
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical design, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, word, outlook and excel.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging technologies in machine
- Familiar with applicable safety and ergonomics standards
- Familiar with product design
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good analytical skills
- Good customer service, customer relation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be resourceful in resolving problems.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize issues
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process