Bewerbung als MECHANICAL DESIGN MANAGER
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The Mechanical Design Manager has overall responsibility and accountability for the design function which includes Mechanical Design and Detailing. The Mechanical Design department managed by this position is responsible for designing custom machinery, tooling and automated equipment in various industries from concept to final product. The Mechanical Design Manager provides direct instruction and guidelines to mechanical designers and will conduct all activities in a manner that is conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing all processes for the Mechanical Design department to ensure business objectives and operational needs in terms of: scope, price, quality and delivery targets are met.
- Monitor and manage: mechanical design and mechanical detail; suitability for machining operations, ease of build and serviceability.
- Provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills.
- Report to the Senior Management team on a regular basis, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant KPI’s.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical design, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in a similar position.
- Extensive experience in the field of custom Automation Equipment at an integrator level.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team with a proven track record of delivering complex designs, effective strategies, policies, processes, and systems.
- Intimate knowledge of machine automation, machine design and integration business.
- Strong skills and efficiency using Dassault Systemes Solidworks (3D Mechanical CAD) and Draftsight 2D CAD
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of Navision a plus
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- The ability to travel and provide own transportation
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Extended Health Benefits
- PIA clothing allowance
- Tuitioin Reimbursement
- ...and more!
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process