Bewerbung als MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for the successful assembling of equipment in the execution of the project according to contractual terms and customer specifications. The incumbent is responsible for the Work from process work instructions and test procedures to complete tasks along with monitoring and recording related documentation to meet quality requirements of the project.
- Read, interpret, and follow drawings, schematics, diagrams, specifications, work orders, or reports
- Responsible for assembling fabricated and purchased parts
- High-complexity mechanical assembly that requires fitting, alignment and adjustment to very close tolerances
- Performing assembly functions using hand or power tools
- Build machines and sub-assemblies according to design requirements and customer specifications
- Determines or follows methods and sequence of operations
- Work from process work instructions and test procedures to complete tasks along with monitoring and recording related documentation to meet quality requirements
- Test product to ensure conformance to specifications and test functional performance
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to drawings, or schematics specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Ensures that quality checks are completed throughout the manufacturing process.
- Records information on production records, logs and other reports
- Reworks and repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel
- Tear down and secure project stations
- Maintains appropriate communication with supervisor to ensure efficient and timely service
- Follows safety regulations and wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- Cleans working area prior to leaving workstation
- High school diploma or GED for this occupation
- Previous experience with machine assembly in automation industry
- Operate fork lift
- Proficient use in Microsoft word, outlook and excel-use of AutoCAD viewer
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Must be able to read, interpret and follow drawings, schematics, diagrams, and specifications, bill of materials, work orders or reports.
- Ability to use small hand tools and have eye-hand coordination, competence with a wide variety of tools and measuring instruments.
- General knowledge of custom automation equipment
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver
- Great attention to detail and initiative to constantly learn new things and strive to make the entire team successful
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Physical demands of sitting, standing, walking and repetitive tasks
- Lift/ Push/Pull /Carry Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- Extended Health & Dental benefits
- Pension matching up top 4%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Shoe/Glasses Reimbursement
- Professional Development & Training
- …and more!
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.