Bewerbung als LEAD PLC PROGRAMMER
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The Lead PLC Programmer is responsible for software development which includes design, development, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance and support of new and existing software applications for control systems. Requires 35-40% travel.
- High level of analyzing design specifications and customer requirements
- Strong knowledge of control system design
- Programming, commissioning and testing of Siemens, Allen Bradley, and Omron PLC and HMI programs, which may include associated manufacturing equipment such as motion control, vision, RFID, scanners/readers, measurement and instrumentation equipment
- Graphical user interface development
- Lead integrating and testing programs on-site
- On-site troubleshooting and support of existing equipment
- Writing operator and service manuals
- Develop concepts and determine costs for proposals to customers
- Prepare functional descriptions of process controls and sequence of operations
- Assist customers and/or co-workers with electrical/programming issues
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years of PLC and HMI programming experience
- Proven strong programming skills using Siemens. Allen Bradley, and Omron PLC’s and HMI’s
- Must be able to travel to local and international customer sites
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical control systems for automated machinery with machine builder/integrator experience in the automotive industry
- Fanuc and ABB robot programming experience
- Strong proven control system troubleshooting skills
- Widespread experience with networking and communication protocols including fieldbus networks
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering/CET with minimum 8 years of experience in related field
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English commination skills
- Proven programming skills using Allen Bradley, Omron, and Siemens PLC’s and HMI’s
- Labview and database development are considered an asset
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical control systems for automated machinery
- A strong understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic control systems for automated machinery
- Good customer service, customer relation skills
- Able to coordinate and communicate with a diverse multi-cultural, multi-discipline workforce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service and relation skills
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with a diverse team
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Shoes & Glasses Reimbursement
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- …and more!
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.