Bewerbung als APPLICATIONS ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The Applications Engineer works with sales and customers to develop concepts for automated assembly and test equipment. Once a concept is developed, the Applications Engineer will research requirements, determine estimated costs, and writes a customer quotation, while following all the applicable standards and procedures of PIA Automation. The employee will conduct all activities in a manner that is conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork while adhering to all procedures in place that relates to health and safety and all other policies of PIA Automation.
- Travel to customer location to review processes and discuss automation requirements
- Review customer specifications relative to specific or unique requirements for equipment
- Brainstorm/ review with engineering to develop concepts and equipment layouts
- Research major purchase components to determine specifications and generate RFQ’s to determine supplier and component costs
- Develop time cycle charts to verify requirements for each process step, including estimated build time and component costs
- Write customer quote to describe equipment functions and pricing
- Obtain approvals from management and sales relative to pricing and delivery, and when completed, send final quote to customer
- Set-up new project release folders for purchase orders when received
- Attend project “kick-off” meetings for new projects
- Attend project team meetings for quoted projects
WORK EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum three to five (5) years of manufacturing experience, preferably in automation industry
- Project management experience and/or certification as an asset
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them understandable
- Above average attention to detail and well organize
- Ability to use SolidWorks, AutoCAD and MS Office
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License & have the ability to travel internationally
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programs (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life., because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International travel & working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Extended Health Benefits...and more!