Bewerbung als APPLICATIONS ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
+1 416 665 9797 550
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The Applications Engineering Specialist role is responsible for the development of technical quotations for automation equipment and to assist the Sales Manager in securing the business from a technical point of view. You will utilize other team players to help perform proper research - conceptualizing mechanical, electrical systems for machine applications. Coupled with these efforts you will put together cost sheets and build the financials for the project. Approx. 10% travel required.
- Use knowledge of company’s suite of services (stations, lines, systems, standards, after-sales, etc.) to propose applications solutions
- Assess clients' needs and recommend the appropriate solution
- Assist applications supervisor (as required) in achieving quote target due dates
- Be available to prepare cost estimates, concept models, quotes, and participating in sales calls as required
- Provide input into customized product design to meet customers’ needs
- Take on ownership of assigned quotes and work through the various steps to create a detailed quote.
- Maintain a professional attitude and work ethic both at work and in front of customers to build new customer relationships
- Maintain the CRM database, track contacts, leads, and opportunities
- Proposal delivery and follow-up
- Research information required by the applications team
- Identify and resolve client concerns with quoted solutions by reviewing with the applications supervisor
- Work with applications supervisor to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Estimate costs of producing, installing and maintaining equipment
- Propose solutions to the technical problems related to customer needs
- Prepare proposals and review purchase orders for accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 7 Years of Mechanical Design experience, primarily in automotive automation
- Experience in Sales, Aftermarket sales or product costing
- Ability to use SolidWorks, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Industrial Automation product(s), application and associated standards
- Exposure to machinery, Mechatronics, mechanical design, millwrighting an asset.
- Creative capacity, willingness to learn and willingness to adapt to the needs and requirements.
- Strong familiarity with the automotive industry’s production cycle and terminology
- Ability to effectively utilize CRM (or other data tracking systems) tools to monitor performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or engineering technology or equivalent
- Must be resourceful in resolving problems
- Ability to listen and understand the task at hand
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Maintain a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime as needed
- Must have positive morale, pride in workmanship and a teamwork mind-set
- Must have a valid Ontario G Driver’s License
- Fluent in English
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Work collaboratively with applications supervisor sales reps to plan and implement product familiarization
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Comprehensive Benefits
Package PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.