Bewerbung als Application Engineer
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation US Inc.
5825 Old Boonville Highway
Evansville, IN 47715 USA
T +1 812 485 5500
USA - Evansville, IN 47715 USA
The Applications Engineer works with sales and customers to develop concepts for automated assembly and test equipment. Once a concept is developed, the Applications Engineer will research requirements, determine estimated costs and write a customer quotation.
- Travel to customer location to review processes and discuss automation requirements
- Review customer specifications relative to specific or unique requirements for equipment
- Brainstorm/review with engineering to develop concepts and equipment layouts
- Research major purchase components to determine specifications and generate RFQ’s to determine supplier and component costs
- Develop time cycle charts to verify requirements for each process step, including estimated build time and component costs
- Write customer quote to describe equipment functions and pricing
- Obtain approvals from management and sales relative to pricing and delivery, and when completed, send final quote to customer
- Set-up new project release folders for purchase orders when received
- Attend project “kick-off” meetings for new projects
- Attend project team meetings for quoted projects
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of manufacturing experience, preferably in automation industry
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience required
- Ability to read blueprints
What do we offer?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance, paid time off, and 401k