Case Study: Consumer goods
Assembly line system for 5-fold cutting units
Fully automated assembly, testing and packaging of 5-fold cutting units for safety razors.
Manufacturing facility with several connected PIA variable base cells, consisting of four interlinked base cells. Safety razors for women and men.
- Automatic parts feeding
- De-stacking of curved blades
- Feeding sacrificial anodes from a roll and cutting them to length
- De-stacking trimmer blades and cutting them to contour
- Assembly of all components
- US welding
- Laser marking DMC and proofreading
- Image processing for surface, completeness and blade distance
- Packaging in dispensers
Cycle time: 60 parts/minute = 1 second per part