Apply as Senior mechanical assembler
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The role of the senior mechanical assembler is to be responsible for the successful assembling of equipment in the execution of the project according to contractual terms and customer specifications. The incumbent is responsible for the work from process work instructions and test procedures to complete tasks along with monitoring and recording related documentation to meet quality requirements of the project. The incumbent is responsible for determining the resources required for the project and requesting the resources from the appropriate functional manager. The incumbent will retain a working environment conducive to positive morale, quality, creativity and teamwork. The incumbent will ensure resolution of problems.
- Perform various non-repetitive mechanical assembly functions using hand or power tools
- Build machines and sub-assemblies according to design requirements and customer specifications including those involving pneumatic, electrical and electronic components
- Determines or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing various complex mechanical assembly operations
- Identify components required to complete the assembly
- Assembles fabricated and purchased parts using assembly drawings and parts lists provided by engineering
- Build high complexity mechanical assembly that requires fitting, alignment and adjustment to very close tolerances
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to drawings, or schematics specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges
- Perform mechanical alterations and additions as required
- Reworks and repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel
- Test product to ensure conformance to specifications and test functional performance including powered movement of components
- Provide as-built notes and documentation to the designer so that they can update the drawings and documentation
- Ensures that quality checks are completed throughout the manufacturing process
- Records information on production records, logs and other report forms
- Tear down and secure project stations on shipping skids for shipment
- Maintains appropriate communication with supervisor to ensure efficient and timely service and with technical managers, project managers and project team members regarding project
- Provide guidance to junior assemblers
- Follows safety regulations and wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- Cleans working area prior to leaving each job
- Others duties as required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior mechanical assembly role
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical technology or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the assembly of mechanical equipment
- Proficient use in Microsoft word, outlook and excel-use of AutoCAD viewer
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Must be able to read, interpret and follow drawings, schematics, diagrams, and specifications, bill of materials, work orders or reports.
- Ability to use small hand tools and have eye-hand coordination, competence with a wide variety of tools and measuring instruments.
- General knowledge of custom automation equipment
- Applicable industry norms and standards
- Valid Canadian Passport or Permanent resident with ability to travel in USA, Mexico, and Europe.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver
- Great attention to detail and initiative to constantly learn new things and strive to make the entire team successful
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Physical demands of sitting, standing, walking and repetitive tasks
- Lift/ Push/Pull /Carry Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
What do we offer?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process