Apply as REPORTING ACCOUNTANT - TEMPORARY
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
+1 416 665 9797 550
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
The Reporting Accountant is responsible to support our US and Canada based facilities in preparation of an IPO. The primary function of the position is extensive reporting, which includes gathering, analyzing, and presenting data to leadership. A solid financial background in IPO, auditing, strategic planning, and/or merger/acquisition integration is required.
The position is available for approximately one year with strong possibility of extending beyond that timeframe. The employee can be based in either the United States or Canada, but must be able to travel between the two locations and abroad as needed.
- Manage the Company's internal reporting process, including the preparation of supporting schedules, related analysis and visual presentations, to ensure the accurate compilation and reporting of financial data
- Research and analyze accounting data issues and provide resolutions to eliminate discrepancies
- Complete projects requiring financial analysis and technical accounting research
- Assist with gathering information and documentation necessary for quarterly reviews, audits, and filings
- Develop documentation of internal controls over financial reporting and perform the related internal evaluation
- Assist with any required implementation of accounting and other systems for better financial and operational reporting and an improved control environment
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors as well as other locations when applicable
- Ensure financial documents are accurate and complete
- Ensure conformity to professional accounting standards, requirements, and procedures in all reports / presentations
- Ensure accurate disclosure of all relevant information including risks in the financial reports for internal or external stakeholders
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in public accounting, auditing, and/or IPO processes and reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance; CPA preferred
- Proven understanding of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS
- Strong technical PC skills – Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Superior attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize actions and projects efficiently and effectively
- Able to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Self-directed, energetic, and motivated
- Ability to read/speak German helpful but not required
- Customer relation skill Good Numerical Skills
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.