Apply as PROJECT MANAGER
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation US Inc.
5825 Old Boonville Highway
Evansville, IN 47715 USA
USA - Evansville, IN 47715 USA
The Project Manager coordinates and oversees all project development processes, including the schedule, budget and all communication, and provides assistance, clarification of objectives, and guidance toward the achievement of project goals. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
- Assess the likely duration and complexity of a project and anticipates the equipment, materials, personnel, time, and resource needs that will be required
- Make detailed plans that will establish project objectives, direct the integration of technical activities and provide ways to measure progress
- Create and manage project timeline
- Develop and implement communication procedures to ensure all matters relating to a project’s status is accurately and appropriately disseminated to the customer, project team members, and management
- Facilitate weekly meetings with team members to discuss project status and address related issues that directly affect project status
- Confer with management weekly, to resolve open issues, problems or irregularities uncovered throughout the project development process and updates reports as necessary
- Direct the negotiations of research contracts, the preparation of budgets, bids, and contracts
- Work with all outside vendors and sub-contract work
- Work cooperatively with Sales personnel and Proposal Engineer to update, review, or make recommendations on orders and cost estimates
- Ensure the accuracy of customer invoices and vendor progress billings. Work with payable and receivable as necessary.
WORK EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have five years’ experience managing complex projects
- Demonstrate history of customer satisfaction, budget control and schedule control
- Proficiency with MS Office and Project
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Engineering background
- Six sigma, statistical analysis, and process validation
- Automation and PLC experience
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make
them easily understandable in text and pictures for the end user
- Excellent written skills in English- Spanish and German is an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Above average attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to coordinate various work activities and function within
tight time schedules
- Work both independently and as a team
- Highly effective teamwork skills
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programs (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance, paid time off, and 401k