Apply as Buyer
PIA Automation offers the ideal working environment for people with Passion, Inspiration and Ambition. We stand for the future of automation and offer technically complex and sophisticated automation solutions.
PIA Automation Canada Inc.
355 Norfinch Drive
Toronto, North York, Ontario
+1 416 665 9797 550
Canada - Toronto, North York, Ontario
Buyer is to purchase materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. The incumbent will request quotes to determine the most desirable price outcome for PIA while maintaining the goals of quality and on time delivery. The incumbent will issue purchase orders, follow up on them, updating delivery, pricing and drawings.
It is the responsibility of the buyer to establish and maintain a working environment and partnerships with vendors and colleagues alike conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity and teamwork.
Top organizational and communication skills are an essential part this role as well as task completion.
- Ensure timely acquisitions of products and/ or services by issuing purchase orders and following up on them.
- May be required to do market research in sourcing decisions and assist in the locating alternate suppliers if needed.
- Resolve issues in the areas of requisition accuracy and completeness, on-time delivery or supplier payment terms and conditions.
- Operate in a supervised environment to achieve strategic goal and policies of the company.
- Manage and update data in ERP system including but not limited to price, lead time, and lot sizes.
- Evaluate rates and select suppliers by production capability, performance and delivery.
- Coordinate activities with other functional areas (Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Quality, Production and Inventory Control, HR and Finance/Accounting) to achieve maximum customer service.
- Edit and process purchase requisitions working with appropriate departments to clarify specifications and requirements
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Participate in inventory control activities like cycle counts and annual counts.
- Placing of purchase orders to vendors, working out the accurate delivery dates and updating the ERP system.
- Request quotes from established vendors and create professional, business relationships with them.
- Follow up with vendor, receiving department and shipping receiving to ensure that material arrived on time.
- Update inventory software to show updated approvals and when materials will arrive.
- Expediting orders when required
- Follow up with supplier for past due orders.
- Work with accounts payable team to resolve invoicing issues.
- Comply with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in supply chain functions that may involve helping in counting inventory, receiving materials and assisting in organizing and coordinating between purchasing and shipping/receiving functions
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and be in good physical condition.
- Valid Fork Lift License
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License - Clean drivers abstract Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to use Microsoft word, outlook, excel, Navision
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Good analytical skills
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Good customer service, customer relation skill
- Good Numerical Skills
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent in-house training programmes (PIA Academy)
- PIA Life, because we care about the well-being of our employees
- International working experience at PIA locations worldwide
- Medical insurance
PIA Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.